Tuesday 6 June 2017

No Good Boyo at the Minack









 
 

Under Milk Wood


  • by Dylan Thomas
  • presented by Theatr Silures – May 22 to 26, 2017
Dylan Thomas’ beautiful, quirky play about the villagers of Llareggub is brought to life with tenderness and humour in this production. The characters are vividly drawn and their interactions create both hilarity and pathos.

I thoroughly enjoyed this performance by welsh voices; more dreams come true - to read more information on the play and it's background  https://www.minack.com/umw2017/

Read a more informed review of the production here

https://www.minack.com/review-umw2017/

As you can see from my photos it was an absolutely glorious day weather wise and that beach below the Theatre looked so inviting (Porthcurno) with it's white sand and turquoise sea. We ate our picnic lunch amongst the buzzing bees whilst waiting for the performance to start - I recommend the folding padded seats they offer for back support. All in all the experience was one I shall remember forever. Wonderful.

The title? - my lovely welshman has had the nick name "no-good boyo" since university days in the 1960's.
I am working hard to maintain my inner Polly Garter - though I am worried that my welshman might have recognised Mrs Ogmore- Pritchard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment