Sunday 2 March 2014

I'm still here

I look at this face, this young wife looking out of the photo and wonder where have the years gone? I don't look like this anymore, but inside I am still very much the hopeful, happy woman. The years aren't always kind, but the essence of me is still here and for that I am grateful. My life is rich, full, overflowing with interest and joy. I like where I am now, just beginning to take time for myself, for my creativity - always encouraged by my lovely Alan. At last those four fabulous young people have grown up and away, and yet I am so looking forward to being a Grandma. I am so proud of our achievements so far, the tough times that got us here have made us (me) the people we are. The best is yet to come to quote Van Morrison - and as Alan would say, together we are - Forever Young!

No comments:

Post a Comment